Meet Dr. Liz Jenkins, LMFT Certified Life Transitions and Relationship Coach
Most call me Dr. Liz. I’m a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Life Transitions and Relationship Coach and have had the joy of working with thousands of women, men, and children in individual, couples, and family therapy.
When it comes to marriage and relationships, no two situations are alike and I’ve created Affair Proof Marriage with this in mind. Whether you are looking to strengthen your relationship or want to learn how to recognize signs of possible infidelity through my “Affair Warning Signs” printable, my affair-proof quiz, or through my exclusive Affair-Proof: Surviving to Thriving program, you are now in a position to transform your life for the better.
“Love yourself, love your relationship, and love your future. You don’t have to be another affair statistic. Learn how to thrive in your, learn how to navigate life’s demands, and learn how to live an inspired life!”
Whether you fear your partner has been unfaithful or you’ve already discovered infidelity, it can have a profound emotional effect on you personally and take a toll on your relationship.
At the same time, you may find yourself on the edge of pursuing an emotional or physical relationship with someone other than your spouse, and it scares you. You know it isn’t right, you know it will hurt if discovered, but you don’t know the root cause behind its manifestation.
You aren’t alone. You can’t be involved in a lasting and loving relationship without having ups and downs, enjoyment and struggles. Backed by years of focused education and clinical experience, including 30 years working with men, women, and couples, I’ve seen hundreds of couples miss the warning signs.
Affairs are devastating, but affairs are also preventable. My goal through Affair Proof Marriage is to help you recognize the troubling signs, properly deal with those signs, and ultimately create more fruitful and fulfilling relationships with your entire family…starting with yourself.
I look forward to writing our first chapter together in what will become your new personal enrichment story! Please let me know if I can help.
- Ph.D., Psychology, Alliant/United States International University, San Diego
- M.S., Counseling Psychology, California State University, San Bernardino
- B.A., Psychology and Health & Society, University of California, Riverside
Licensure and Certifications
- Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (Texas) LMFT 201515-Active
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (California) LMFT ME021363-Active
- Certified Life Coach – The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
- Gottman Method Therapy Level 3
- Brief Therapy certification
- Mitchell trained Critical Incident Stress Debriefer (CISD)
- Past Membership Chairperson for Idaho Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (IDAMFT)
- Member – American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Member – Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (TAMFT)
- Member – Austin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (Austin-AMFT)
Research, Publications, and Key Speaking Engagements
- Gender, Sex Roles and the Depressive Experience – Masters Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation
- Gender, Sex Roles and the Depressive Experience” Western State Psychological Association Convention, Seattle, WA
- Lunch-n-Learn training series – “Managing Stress” and “Balancing Work & Home” Austin TX
- Columnist for “Corona This Month” Magazine & “The Daily Independent Newspaper”
- Contributor for “Behavioral Health Update” a monthly newsletter for United Behavioral Health
- “Community Lecture Series, Colorado & California
- “Women Who Know Too Much”, Women’s Conference, Riverside, CA
- Suicide Prevention- presented to students of Corona Junior High School, Corona, CA
- “Finding the Time to Relax” Federal Women’s Conference, Norco, CA
- “Happiness is a Choice” Keynote speaker- aired on KSGN radio, Corona, CA
- “The New Assertive You” Keynote speaker-Federal Women’s conference, Norco, CA
- “EAP” Keynote speaker-State of Missouri EAP Conference